Project Details for
WAC BENNETT DAM
WAC Bennett Dam
HUDSON'S HOPE, BC
Hall Constructors was awarded the contract to perform a difficult slope stabilization job above the existing spillway at BC Hydro's WAC Bennett Dam in Northeastern BC.
The challenges we faced as we took this project on was that the existing slope face projected almost vertically, up from the spillway wall. Surrounding terrain was tough, but we ultimately had to bench back the existing geography, through multiple blasts of shale, coal and brittle rock.
After we mined and moved over 230,000 yds3 of material, we scaled, then installed anchors and applied Shotcrete. Then protected the final protect with mesh.
Throughout the course of the project, multiple roads were built as well as the creation of a reclamation area to restore wildlife habitats. Hall was proud to deliver on this challenging project.
|Project Value||$20 – 50 million|
- 180,000m3 of rock excavation and blasting
- 1,700 EA rock anchors
- 6,500m3 of shotcrete shoring
- Slope stabilization to mitigate rockfall hazard
- Excavation of a bench adjacent to the top of the spillway lining
- Scaling, supply and application of shotcrete, and supply and installation of rock anchors
TOGETHER IN CONSTRUCTION