TRAINING THURSDAY: Communication Skills
Kerry and Jordan discuss ICBA’s latest featured course: Communication Skills.
June 13-14, 2023 | 830AM – 430PM
Gold Seal: from 2 credits
Missed this one? Check out icba.ca/courses
Participants will be able to identify and practice skills needed for effective communication and learn about barriers to communication. They will also learn about different communication styles and identify what their dominant style is as well as how to deal with people who have a different style of communication.
The course material also provides insight into anger and how to manage it as well as helps develop the skills required to supervise others.
The course will also cover the following:
- Effective Leadership through Communication Skills
- Dealing with Difficult People, Conflict, and Confrontation
- Assertive Training and Speaking Skills
- Communicating Motivation
- Communication through Body Language
- Managing a Good Impression to Clients
- Constructive Use of Anger and Persuasion Skills
- Anger and Conflict Management Skills
- Communicating Discipline and Termination
- Resolving Disputes through Communication
- How to Prepare for and Facilitate Meetings
- Communication through Writing Skills
- Drafting and Preparing Proper Reports and Correspondence
- Communicating Teamwork to Staff and Workers
This course is designed for construction owners, managers, estimators, and supervisors, construction safety officers and staff, or anyone that wants to learn how to improve their communication skills.